Some people tell me that all the good domain names are taken, but that is not true. I think people need to know how to choose a good domain name. Follow these tips for when you search for a domain name and hopefully this will help you grab a good one. You can find examples and specifics to these topics in Buying and Selling Domain Names. My ebook is packed with great resources to get you closer to your first domaining profits!
Remember domain names are a couple of cheeseburgers and a coke a year to own, and you can really never own enough of them. Once you own them you’ll want to know how to monetize and make profits off of them right?
Tips for Avoiding Poor Domain Names
- *Avoid using domains that are deliberately misspelled.
- * Avoid using domains with hyphens.
- *Avoid using domains that are way too long.
- *Avoid using domains that are meaningful only to you.
- *Avoid using .org unless you want people to think you’re a non-profit organization.
- *Avoid using unpopular domain extensions such as
The GOLDEN BUYING CRITERIA, and tools to get you started are also available in my ebook.
Sign up for my mailing list to get some of the proven methods I provide in my book.
Tips to Choose Good Domain Name
- Make a list of all the words you would like to use in your domain name.
- If your name is taken, rearrange the words or insert new words in between them.
- Make a complete list of all the domains you want to purchase.
Tips and Tricks
- Domains that are mapped to your websites are “attached” to your sites.
- Domains that are forwarded, are not attached to your site, but are simply redirected to your site.
- Mapped domains get picked up by the search engines. Forwarded domains don’t.
If you’ve got questions, feel free to ask. Don’t keep guessing. A lot of people have domains and just don’t know what to do with them.